35 safety doors from Rapp Bomek
The Skarv field is located in the Norwegian Sea, approx. 210 km off the coast of Sandnessjøen, on 350-450 m water depth. The field came on stream in December 2012 and has an expected field life of 25 years.
The Skarv field development includes a FPSO – floating production, storage and offloading vessel, anchored to the seabed.
Some facts about the Skarv FPSO:
· Vessel length 295m, width 51m
· 15 mooring lines
· 13 risers
· Prod. capacity oil: 85,000 barrels/day
· Prod. capacity gas: 22 million cu m/day (775 mmscf/d)
· Storage capacity: 875,000 barrels
· Topsides: 18,000 tonnes
· Hull: 49,000 tonnes
· Turret/mooring system: 7000 tonnes
(Source and photo: BP)